CMI student receives scholarship to study in Ireland

CMI Digital Filmmaking major Maggie Taylor recently received a scholarship that will allow her to study abroad in Ireland! See below to hear her story.

“I seek adventure constantly in my life because without it I don’t feel like I am living. This is why I joined the Organ Mountain Search and Rescue Team in my home town of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Now I get to rock climb all the time and teach others how to be safe when doing so. Not to mention I get to save lives every once in a while when we are called out on a mission. My picture is of me at the top of La Cueva after I had accomplished a 5/11 climb. Of course I am holding the Irish flag and behind me lies the New Mexico flag which bears the Zia symbol.

While also providing a plethora of adventuring opportunities, Ireland also offers top universities that cater to my studies. I have a 3.4 GPA and I double major in Film and Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism management. The three universities I chose have amazing programs for both fields of study. Learning about Irish cuisine and cooking styles can only be done in Ireland and it’s something I have always wanted to learn and bring back home. Maybe one day I can open my own authentic Irish restaurant. I have also been a huge fan of the Irish Film Board and Irish movies. I would love to have an opportunity to make my own film in Ireland and seek out an internship while I’m there. I really want to produce a documentary in Ireland. Whether it’s “Behind the Scenes of Irish Films” or something that focuses on rock climbing around Ireland, I want to expand my portfolio with international work and Ireland is a prime location.

Ireland is rich in culture and an amazing place where I could continue my search for new adventures while also attending top universities that can teach me more about my passions and expand my cultural understandings.”

Best of luck Maggie! We hope all your filmmaking dreams comes true!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.