Jesus Nunez | DoubleScope Films | BCM/Digital Filmmaking ’14

Our first featured alumni is Jesus Nunez!

Jesus graduated in 2014 and is currently running his own production company, DoubleScope Films in El Paso, Texas. He also runs a music studio called Mobius Recording Studio in El Paso.

What do you like most about what you’re doing?

I get to be the creative mind behind most if not all productions that come out of the film company. It’s really a huge responsibility that comes with a huge burden but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

What are some projects/jobs that you’ve worked on since graduating?

I’ve worked on so much stuff. I’d say one of the most memorable ones was working as a 1st AC for this film from Mexico that filmed in El Paso for 4 days. Got to work with an Alexa XT Plus and gained priceless knowledge, not only about the camera, but about working with a film crew from a different country. When it comes to my company’s jobs, we’ve done several short films as well as a number of music videos for plenty of El Paso artists.

What classes and learning experiences at CMI were the most valuable in building towards your current job?

All of Mitch Fowler’s, Sherwin Lau’s, and Amy Lanasa’s classes are the foundation from which I’ve grown. All the cinematography and screenwriting classes have been what gives me my bread and butter everyday. For that, I thank them three from the bottom of my heart.

What are you doing when you aren’t working?

That’s my secret, Cap. I’m always working. But when I’m not working, I’m either working on music or working out. Those lights and cameras aren’t gonna lift themselves.

What’s some advice you would give a CMI student (or maybe potential CMI student) about their time at CMI?

Take your time there seriously. And make sure you are super reliable. You career starts the moment you set foot in that building. Make all the connections you can as well, you never know when you’ll end up working with your classmates after you graduate. Also, drop the egos. Egos will burn bridges even before you build them.

Where can people see your work?

You can see my work at www.doublescopefilms.com
Also, you can follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Search for DoubleScope Films and we’re the first ones to pop up.

DoubleScope Films Demo Reel 2016 from DoubleScope Films on Vimeo.

Anything else you’d like to say?

Don’t fix it in post, fix it in pre

Thanks for taking the time to catch up with us Jesus, and best of luck in all of your future projects!

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

2 thoughts on “Jesus Nunez | DoubleScope Films | BCM/Digital Filmmaking ’14

• quay phim su kien

You gave me good knowledge to avoid making mistakes during the filming process I am very thankful to you because I am a beginner

• film streaming vf

avoid making mistakes during the filming process is the voute key