Trevor Rogers | T-Ro Films | DFM ’09

Trevor Rogers is a key grip and gaffer based in Albuquerque, NM.

When did you graduate from CMI?
2009

Where are you and what are you doing now?
I live in Albuquerque, NM. I am a Key Grip and Gaffer who also owns a lighting and grip company called T-Ro Films.

What do you like most about what you’re doing?
I love the trouble shooting to create the perfect shot. Wether it’s manipulating or shaping light or creating some crazy car rig to hold a big camera. Whatever the challenge is I love the creativity of getting what the DP wants and making it a reality.

Promo Video for T-Ro Films

What classes and learning experiences at CMI were the most valuable in building towards your current job?
The things that helped me most with CMI was the hands on experience. Getting your hands dirty and really feeling what it’s like to be on a busy movie set for hours and hours really helped out a lot. The confidence I got from working with the schools equipment is what helped me to go for the lighting job I first got on Breaking Bads Promo Videos the rest just fell into place after that.

\What are you doing when you aren’t working?
When I am not working I usually am spending time with my family. I also shoot a lot of stock footage and have a huge library of footage that I sale online and in a way has grown to be a pretty sizable income for me. But really it’s just a hobby I do that just happened to make money.

What’s some advice you would give a CMI student (or maybe potential CMI student) about their time at CMI?
I would say get involved with as much as you can so you can really leave college with a sizable portfolio or reel. Try to take advantage of the equipment you get to have in front of you and also most importantly the other students around you wanting to learn and make films. Take advantage of every shoot you can get your hands on and try to learn something on every shoot. Never be above any job. As much as you like being a DP or director try gripping out for a change you might end up loving it.

Where can people see your work?
You can see some of my work on my website. Although most of my work now is being a Key Grip on films I have those films listed on there as well. However, my stock footage is everywhere on tv shows, movies, and ads all over.
http://www.T-RoFilms.com

What’s next for you?
I think I’ll continue to Key Grip and Gaff shows and grow my company. Hopefully one day I’ll start to DP some shows of my own.

Thanks, Trevor, for taking the time for this, anything else you’d like to say?
Keep making movies.

This entry was posted in Alumni Spotlight, News and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.