Daniel Cdebaca | E-Learning Developer at American Society of Radiologic Technologists | ANVE ’14

Daniel Cdebaca is an E-Learning Developer based in Albuquerque, NM.

When did you graduate from CMI?

2014

What was your area of emphasis at CMI?

Animation/VFX – ANVE

Where are you and what are you doing now?

Currently living in Albuquerque NM, and am working for ASRT (The American Society of Radiologic Technologists), a medical imaging association.

What do you like most about what you’re doing?

What I like most about what I am doing is working on creative educational experiences for the medical imaging community. I get a sense of satisfaction by helping make this industry safer. The work we do impacts thousands of medical imaging professionals which in return impacts their patients.

What are some projects/jobs that you’ve worked on since graduating?

Since graduating, I have worked on various projects for each of the following modalities: Computed Tomography, Magnetic Response Imaging, Nuclear Medicine Imaging, Sonography etc. In these projects I have created animations demonstrating different procedures and positioning techniques. I have also created animations for various augmented reality posters that will soon be presented at a conference in Chicago, IL.

What classes and learning experiences at CMI were the most valuable in building towards your current job?

Every class I took at CMI has impacted what I do at my job for ASRT. Everything from editing sound and film to creating animations in both 3D and 2D. 260 Foundations of 3D Animation, and 491 Senior Project were classes that not only taught me the love for animation and vfx, but how complicated and time consuming it is to complete a project. A lot of the things I learned in these classes helped me become an efficient employee at ASRT.

What are you doing when you aren’t working?

When I am not working, I am a golf addict. I find myself either on the computer learning new animation software and techniques or strengthening my skills on the golf course.

What’s some advice you would give a CMI student (or maybe potential CMI student) about their time at CMI?

Soak it all up. Keep your ears open and your chin high. Don’t be afraid to put your work out there. The more feedback you pursue, especially from your peers and professors, the more you will learn about your self and your work. It is also important to network and and keep your connections close, especially at NMSU.

Where can people see your work?

The work our team does is sold on our company web site: Here

What’s next for you?

I would love to have my own animation department at ASRT. I believe the online education industry is growing and there is a need for more educational animations in our products.

Anything else you’d like to say?

I would like to thank NMSU for all of the invaluable education they have provided me. It was a life changing experience that I wouldn’t change for the world. Some of the best times of my life included making friends while working late nights on projects.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.